Government Law College, Madurai
From The College Website
The Department of Legal Studies, as a separate department of the government, came into existence on 07.01.1953 to improve the quality of legal education in TamilNadu. The Madras Law College was the only college under its control at that time. To meet the long felt needs of the southern districts of Tamilnadu, the Government decided to establish a Law College at Madurai in 1974. The blue print of the college was prepared by the then Director of Legal Studies, Prof.A.Palaniswamy and Government Law College affiliated to the Madurai Kamaraj University started functioning from the academic year 1974-75.